The firm provides support to Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) by working with business support organizations (BSOs):
- Chambers of Commerce
- Private Sector Organizations
- Women Business Groups
- Coalitions of Service Industries (CSIs)
- Trade Support Associations
We develop timely and accessible information, policy papers, and reports to keep SMEs informed about and prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business internationally:
- How do I comply with the regulations that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency oversees?
- How do I minimize the delays, fees, and possible penalties that add to the cost of doing business?
- What are free trade agreements and how can they benefit me?
- How do I make sure that I do business with the ‘right’ persons in the ‘right’ country?
- How do I get paid by my international partner?
- What is “Doha” and what does it mean for me and my business?
- What can I expect by way of trade policy from a new administration?
- How do I do business in Africa, Latin America, or the Caribbean?
- How do I let my government know about issues that affect me?
- What are new policies or programs to help small business do business internationally?
Read more about our services for businesses.
The firm has developed the following articles/policy papers for BSOs:
- The Economic Partnership Agreement With the European Union: Can EPA Bring Any Real Benefits for Caribbean Businesses?” Caribbean Maritime, No. 6 (2009), pp. 38-39.
- “Changing U.S.-Caribbean Trade Relations,” Trade Gateway– The Newsletter of the (Jamaica) Anti-dumping and Subsidies Commission, Vol. 4, Issue 1 (2008), p. 5.
- “Regionalization: African and Caribbean Integration into the World Economy,” in Women in International Trade Newsletter, Fall 2004.
- Small Economies in the FTAA,” in Women in International Trade Newsletter, Summer 2003.
- “Taking Stock of Cancun,” Trade Brief 30, The (Caribbean) Briefing Room.
- Article Series Written for the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce:
- The Role of the Private Sector and Consumers in Shaping Trade Policy, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, September 25, 2005
- Updates: The WTO Doha Development Round & CAFTA, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, September 11, 2005
- Creating a Caribbean Single Economy, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, August 28, 2005
- Where is the CSME Now? The Jamaica Business Gleaner, August 15, 2005
- Caribbean Sugar Exports and European Union Agricultural Reform, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, July 31, 2005
- Jamaicain the World Trade Organization: The DohaDevelopment Round, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, July 17, 2005
- Jamaicain the World Trade Organization, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, June 26, 2005
- Free Trade Area of the Americas: What Is It and Where Is It Going? The Jamaica Business Gleaner, June 12, 2005
- An Overview of Jamaica’s Multilateral Trade Relationships, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, May 29, 2005
- An Overview of Jamaica’s Bilateral Trade Agreement, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, May 15, 2005
- CSME: Trade in Services, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, April 13, 2005
- CSME: Free Movement of Goods, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, March 9, 2005
- CSME: Opportunities & Challenges, The Jamaica Business Gleaner, February 23, 2005