Follow Email Wal-Mart is accused of having paid out over US $24 million in bribes to Mexican officials in order to acquire the over 2,000 stores located in Mexico. If true, Wal-Mart has violated the U.S. anti-bribery law, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), which makes it illegal for U.S. persons to offer business bribes. A bribe is any offer to pay, promise to pay, or actual payment of money or anything of value to a foreign...
Home » Posts Tagged "Wal-Mart"
From Our Blog
- Do Gender Issues Belong in a Trade Agreement?
- Trade Watch 2018: NAFTA Renegotiations – Part II
- Trade Watch 2018: NAFTA Renegotiations
- Davos 2018 on the Fractured Global Economy
- Opportunity to Advance a Development Dimension to Investment Facilitation
- Trade Watch 2018: The World Trade Organisation, Part II