Andrea Ewart Discusses the Caribbean Basin Initiative (CBI) Program
DevelopTradeLaw’s Andrea Ewart was honored to present at a Caribbean Basin Initiative technical meeting held by the United States Embassy at the UWI Cave Hill School of Business, in Barbados.
Andrea Ewart highlighted the trade benefits available under the Caribbean Basin Initiative (CBI) programs. She highlighted the underutilized nature of CBI’s benefits and explained how the programs can be utilized by businesses in Barbados to facilitate trade to the United States.
Her captivating speech covered the positive aspects of the CBI such as duty free access to the US market, possibilities of shared production by Caribbean countries, and tax abatement. It also elaborated on the possible hurdles businesses will face in Barbados and the countries they intend to export to.
Her keynote speech was received well by businesses, government officials, and media. The immense coverage of the event is highlighted in the following articles, which elaborate on the Caribbean Basin Initiative and Andrea Ewart’s speech.
- ‘Issue and Analysis- Identify, State Specific Needs’ – Business Authority
- Talk to US – Business Authority
- Fresh eyes on the Caribbean Basin Initiative (In News)
- CBI Benefits Under-utilised – Sunday Sun
- Improving Standards Key to Exports – Business Monday
- U.S. Embassy encourages Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean to seize opportunities under the Caribbean Basin Initiative – Press Release